Applied module: Probability models
|0 + 3||0 + 5||term grade||applied math.||mm1c2mv6a||6||optional|
- Requirements: Every student chooses an applied statistical or probability project, works on it, and presents his or her results in a time limit of 30-45 minutes.
Syllabus designed by:
Depends on the projects chosen by the students.
- Psychometric tests and their evaluation (Rasch model and variants).
- Concentration: Lorenz curve. Gini coefficient: estimation and interpretation.
- Markov chain Monte Carlo: theory and applications.
- Models for shuffling a deck of cards.
- Paradoxes in probability theory.
- Paper helicopter experiment (application of the analysis of variance).
- Loglinear models and applications.