Computer methods of applied analysis
|0 + 1||0 + 1||term grade||pure math.||mm1c2as6m||6||recommended|
- Form of instruction: The classes are held in a computer laboratory.
- Requirements: A test written at the end of the semester. The possible grades are: excellent/acceptable/failed.
Syllabus designed by:
It is recommended to have some background in numerical analysis (mm1c1na5m or mm1c1na4a).
- J. D. Faires, R. Burden: Numerical Methods. Cengage Learning, 2013.
- Introduction to the MATLAB package. Data types, operations, functions, scripts. Graphical visualization.
- Numerical methods using MATLAB. Matrix problems. Interpolation, numerical integration. Solution of nonlinear equations with simple iterations and with Newton's method.